Minutes - Monday, April 23, 2007
Duane Harris Chair, Dave Zielinski Teas, Claude Van Hefty Sect, Chuck Their, Representing Town of St. Germain Appointed Rep.
Alvin Verfuerth Comm, Jay Verhulst appointed Vilas County Comm. Glenn Svetnicki Comm.
Duane Harris called meeting to order 9:00am
- Approved Minutes of November 13th, 2006 Commissioners Meeting: Motion by Dave Z to approve minutes as presented, Duane H Seconded. Approved
- Treasurers Report: Dave Z reported total assets of $9757.27 as of 4/22/07. Checking account balance $526.83. Money Market account balance $3743.79. Total balance of $4270.62. Check written to for $1000.to Fish & Wildlife Club.
- Budget Draft for 2007-2008: Dave Z presented a draft for the Commissioners to review. A Motion by Dave Z, to approve $3500 tax levy for this upcoming fiscal period. This would a reduction of $500. from 2006-2007 period. Balance of $1750. to be taken from current cash position to balance the proposed new budget. Seconded by Claude VH, Approved
- Committee Reports:
- Lake Registry: Duane H reported that the town of St.Germain has retained a consulting firm and expect to have it finished by mid summer.
- Water Quality: Samples taken by Mary P and Duane H in April. Samples submitted by Mary P. Secchi testing will now have to be done every 2 weeks in 2007.
- Fish Stocking: Duane H reported that Alma will receive (1925) Walleye and Moon will receive (4340) Walleye in 2007. This is about ½ of the previous amounts we received.
- Town of Gt. Germain Lakes Committee: Chuck T reported the town of St. Germain has applied for a DNR Grant and got it approved for continuation of printing of restaurant place mats and grocery bags. They also requested a representative from Discovery Center to train and distribute information on current topics. He also stated the Town Lakes Committee to be more proactive and need to get more people involved. We also need a replacement for Ron Hutts on the Committee.
- Web Site: No report
- Lake Improvements: Duane H reported that the center of channel marker bouys will be installed in the next few weeks in Moon Lake. We need to remember that these will suggest the best route to cross the shallow water bar and Not a Guaranteed Safe Route.
- District Lake Action Planning Data Sheet: Claude V H is updating information. We need to get assistance from our long term lake residents to complete our lake History.
- Survey of Lake District Residence Committee: Claude V H reported that 63 of 80 Surveys were returned (78%) Results ready by Annual Meeting in June.
- Commissioner Nominating and Training Committee: Two Commissioners terms expire this year. Dave Z, Duane H. both have agreed to be up for nomination.
- W A L Conference and Regional Conferences: Claude V H, Dave Zielinski and Chris Mann will attend the conference in Green Bay April 27th - 29th. Reports to be given at Annual Meeting.
- Conference Reimbursement Policy: Revision of Draft of New Policy submitted by Claude VH for review approval. Motion to adopt as presented. Seconded by Dave Z. Approved
- Lake Monogrammed Shirts, Hats, etc: Duane H to get information on collared polo shirts and zippered sweatshirts.
- Comments from District Residents: None
- Announcements: None
- Confirmation of Annual Meeting Date: Saturday June 9th 2007 at Moon Beach Camp.
- Adjournment: Motion by Claude V H Seconded by Dave Z to adjourn. Approved
Submitted by Claude Van Hefty Secretary